Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ask And Ye Shall Receive...

I mentioned to a friend that we were planning to expand our vegetable gardens next year. I told her that I was going to try to get involved in some seed swaps to keep the costs down. She made me a proposition that I couldn't refuse:


She is the leader of a local non-profit youth group that I often volunteer with. They had received a seed donation and decided to share the seeds that they could not use with neighborhood gardeners. In all, I received about 30 packs of seeds. In exchange, I will allow the group to tour my gardens in the summer so that they can see some of the more unusual items, like amaranth and broom corn. Of course, both of those plants will produce copious amounts of feed for my chickens!

1 comment:

ChristyACB said...

OMG you are so lucky! I have been receiving my seed orders lately and the cost of expanding my garden and experimenting with different heirlooms was pretty steep. (Although I do admit that there is no reason for me to grow 11 varieties of tomato in a square foot garden ;) ).

Seeds of change is a good company with nice seed. Lucky you on that great score! Congrats.