Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Came Early!

Each year, my family gets together before the actual Christmas holiday to have dinner and exchange gifts. This year, I received a lot of nice gifts that really showed that my family knows me very well. I received two gifts that are sort of homesteady in nature. My dad bought me this food dehydrator, so I hurried home to try it out:



I also received this really cool hydroponic kit. Next year, we hope to add an outdoor hydroponic setup. This will allow me to practice on herbs during the long cold winter. Mmmm...we love fresh herbs!

2 comments:

Sonya Ann said...

I hope that you post on how the dehydrator is working. I have wanted one for a while but haven't gotten one yet.
I'm glad that I found your blog and I love the fact that you are chronicling about your farmstead.

A Joyful Chaos said...

I would love to have a dehydrator someday. Hope you have been enjoying using yours!